Based on the objectives defined by the leader / team leader and to comply with company regulation, the aeronautical sealer prepares surfaces and applies mastic, paint and water repellent.
AERONAUTIC SEALER LEVEL 1:
- Know how to use specific tools
- Prepare the product (e.g. putty, paint, ...)
- Prepare the surface (e.g. demasking, degreasing, ...)
- Apply the products (putty, paint, water repellent) with a brush / roller and PR spray gun.
- Ensure the traceability of the operations carried out (e.g. TERA)
- Perform self-checking
- Accompany new hires on tasks or work environments
- Participate in the company's continuous improvement process
AERONAUTIC SEALER LEVEL 2:
- Carry out the activities of the level 1 sealer
- If applicable to job: apply the products (paint and/or water repellent) with a spray gun.
AERONAUTIC SEALER LEVEL 3:
- Carry out the activities of the level 2 sealer
- Carry out delegated inspections (e.g. TERC)
- Mentor one or more operators on new tasks or new work environments
Training and Experience
- No training required
- CQPM Sealer
- From 0 to X years in aeronautical or industrial environment
- Knowledge of Safety, Health and Environment rules and instructions
- Knowledge of the different types of sealants and their applications
- Knowledge of the different types of water repellents and their applications
- Knowledge of the different types of protective paints and their applications
- General knowledge in the industrial field of aeronautics
- Prepare the putty, prepare a surface and apply the putty
- Prepare paint, prepare a surface and apply paint
- Prepare a surface and apply water repellent
- Able to tutor or train someone so that all knowledge, know-how, techniques and expertise can be transferred and maintained.
- Carry out audits and analyze results
- Punctual, meticulous, good time management
- Be receptive and attentive to the messages and requests of team members and work environment.
- Cooperate with others and contribute within a team or project to achieve a common goal.
- Respond and vouch for one's own actions and those of others (team, employees).
- Respond quickly and appropriately to requests, especially in emergency situations.
- Quality Controller
- Field Coordinator